Here are the 10 most popular Delmarva stories of 2018, as judged by the number of unique page views on the Secrets of the Eastern Shore website over the course of the year.
• A Monument to Man’s Stupidity at the Hooper’s Island Bridge.
• How a Big Hurricane in 1933 Created the Ocean City We Know Today.
• The Great Eastern Shore Deep Freeze in the Winter of 1976-77
• The Oldest Black Community in the Whole Country May Be Right Here on the Eastern Shore.
• Ocean City Character of the Day: Rosalie Tilghman Shreve and the Plimhimmon Hotel.
• How This Amazing Old House in Chincoteague Beat the Odds and Came Back to Life
• How Elkton Became the King of Quickie Weddings Back in the Day.
• The Day They Bombed Holland Island Light.
Thank you to each and every one of you who spent a few moments enjoying the stories! I look forward to digging up some more in 2019!
Posted by Jim Duffy on Dec. 31, 2018. All rights reserved, Secrets of the Eastern Shore and Whimbrel Creations, LLC.