Secrets of the Eastern Shore has opened up a Pop Up Shop for the holidays!
Located in downtown Cambridge, our temporary retail storefront at 412 Race Street is right across from the town’s famous Crab Pot Christmas Tree. We are open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through Dec. 18. Please email SecretsoftheEasternShore@gmail.com or call 443.477.4490 to ask about other days or make an appointment.
In addition to popular Secrets products such as photo prints and greeting cards by Jill Jasuta Photography and the new book “Eastern Shore Road Trips: 27 One-Day Adventures on Delmarva” by Cambridge’s own Jim Duffy, the shop features the work of half a dozen guest artists.
The wise & fun new self-help book, “Rule #1: Crazy People Make You Crazy,” written by John Patterson, is subtitled, “The Survival Guide for Coping with Impossible People.” Here is what readers are saying about the book:
• “Practical advice about how to deal with difficult people. Fun & useful!”
• “Wish I had this early in my career!”
• “Thanks to John Patterson’s advice, our lives just got a lot easier.”
• “If you have a job, you need to read this. It will help you survive.”
There is much more information about “Crazy People Make You Crazy” here on the book’s Amazon page. And remember, it is in stock at the Secrets of the Eastern Shore Pop Up Shop, 412 Race Street in downtown Cambridge.
• There are sweet hand-painted crab shells by the artist Amy Marlett, a Kent Island resident whose work is available as Amy’s Love Craft online.
• Hand-crafted jewelry by the amazing Joyce Fritz Ritz of Cambridge, aka Souly Joyce, is also available.
• We have sweet coasters created by Church Creek resident Heather Rosato.
• We are already on our second order of unique holiday and other greeting cards by Easton resident Jane Ernst–the first order sold out on opening day!
Head’s up: Downtown Cambridge has its Second Saturday Christmas festivities coming up on Sat., Dec. 10, when the streets will be closed to traffic and full of holiday cheer. Here are the details on that.
Those shop hours again: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 11ish to 6ish. We will also be open on some other days as time allows, and we can open special for you by appointment. Call 443.477.4490 or email SecretsoftheEasternShore@gmail.com to arrange.
–Jim Duffy & Jill Jasuta