Why not start the year out right? The listing here will connect you with fun “First Day Hikes” all over the Eastern Shore and Delaware, as well as chilly dips in the the ocean that support the work of local charities.
No, I absolutely, positively will not be running into the ocean come Sunday, Jan. 1. That said, don’t let me spoil your fun!
• The Ocean City Penguin Swim
• The Dewey Dunk
• Exercise Like the Eskimos (Bethany Beach)
• The Chincoteague Pony Plunge (scroll down to the date)
FIRST DAY HIKES
• This list of First Day Hikes in Delaware includes events at a slew of state parks, including Cape Henlopen, First State Heritage, Holts Landing, Killens Pond, Lums Pond, Trap Pond, and several others in and around the Wilmington area.
• This list of First Day Hikes in Maryland includes events at Assateague Island, Elk Neck, Janes Island, Pocomoke River, and Tuckahoe state parks, as well as at the Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area and a First Day Hike in Harriet “Tubman Country” at the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.
• In Virginia, Kiptopeke State Park will be joining in the First Day Hike fun.
–Compiled by Jim Duffy.
Happy New Year, everyone!