Your adventures on the Delmarva Peninsula are about to get a lot more fun and interesting. The first Secrets of the Eastern Shore guidebook is now available—it’s called Eastern Shore Road Trips: 27 One-Day Adventures on Delmarva.
Much more than a travel guide, Eastern Shore Road Trips is full of tales from days gone by and insights into the character and culture of the storied Delmarva Peninsula. Whether you’re a road tripper or an armchair traveler, you’ll gain a fresh sense along the way for what makes this legendary place an American treasure of the first order. Eastern Shore Road Trips has been at and near the top of several Amazon best-seller lists, including #1 in Hot New Releases in U.S. Travel and #1 among all books in the Mid-Atlantic Travel category.
Here is a free preview for you—it’s from the chapter in the book titled “Talbot County Backroads,” and it looks at the stories and scenes along a mile-long stretch of Unionville Road, just outside of Easton.
The book is also available at these Talbot County stores:
• The News Center in Easton, 218 North Washington Street.
• The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum Gift Shop in St. Michaels, 213 North Talbot Street.
• Crabi Gras in St. Michaels, 100 Carpenter Street.
• Mystery Loves Company in Oxford, 202 South Morris Street.
• The Candleberry Shoppe in St. Michaels, 210 South Talbot Street.
For a complete list of stores all over the Shore that are carrying the book, click here.
Author Jim Duffy has two book signing events coming up in Talbot County:
• Sat., Nov. 11 at The News Center in Easton, 1-3pm. Yes, that is Waterfowl Weekend! The News Center is in the Talbot Town Shopping Center, 218 North Washington Street.
• Sat., Dec. 3 at Crabi Gras in St. Michaels, 6-11pm. Yes, that is the evening of Midnight Madness! Crabi Gras is located at 100 Carpenter Street in St. Michaels, right around the corner from the legendary Carpenter Street Saloon.
For a full list of the author’s upcoming book-signing and vendoring events all over the Shore, click here.
Eastern Shore Road Trips is the first in what will soon be a series of Secrets of the Eastern Shore guidebooks. The work of award-winning writer Jim Duffy and his wife, the photographer Jill Jasuta, Eastern Shore Road Trips delivers the travel info you need to get out and go, while also telling a slew of fun stories about what makes the Eastern Shore and Southern Delaware so special. The “adventures” here run the gamut, from sweet small towns to gorgeous back roads, remote beaches, and interesting little parks and museums. to lighthouses, skipjacks, and more.
Here is the Table of Contents:
3. Cape Charles
The Great Outdoors
7. Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
8. Going Green in Caroline
9. Delaware Seashore Outdoors
10. Lower Eastern Shore of Virginia Outdoors
11. Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
12. The Dover Ingenuity Trio
13. Way Back When on the Eastern Shore of Virginia
14. The Salisbury Two-Step Classics
17. Vineyards and Wineries
18. The Road to Rock Hall
19. Saxis on the Sound
20. The Necks of Somerset
21. Talbot County Backroads
22. The Harriet Tubman Byway
23. Assateague Island
24. Chincoteague Island
25. Delaware Bay Beach Safari
26. The Ocean City Boardwalk
27. Rehoboth Beach
Don’t see a trip here that you were hoping to see included? Well, everybody who buys the book will have the chance to download a 3-trip bonus PDF. And there is more to come–I am deep into the writing of a collection of 27 more Road Trips!
Happy wandering! Jim Duffy